Artists working in any medium and writers expressing themselves in any form or genre are invited to submit work for the ninth issue of ITCH Online. The "theme" is:
Intertwined arms, self-embracing, reaching across, beyond and back again. A race track - for formula one Ferraris or electric toy cars? A number, defeated, exhausted, collapsed upon the floor? Everything is everything, what is meant to be will be? As seen from the heavens: two people kissing? Ying and yang, before they worked out the summarized symbol? Winding roads and hairpin bends? Universal time? The totality of space? A sophisticated chignon? Doubling back on the self, trying to rerun old scenes from a life already lived and passed? A looping riff from some gloomy old blues tune? All the numbers that could ever be counted? Things promised and then revoked? A pair of lips twisted into a snarl? A thousand clichéd tattoos? A dough-nut; a diet? A waist cinched into a corset? Forever and ever, amen?
What does ∞ mean to you?
You are free to interpret this theme in any way that you wish, to speak to or against it, to explore or ignore it.
Submissions will be open until 31 July 2011.
Don't send work that has been published or submitted elsewhere. We rely on contributor's good faith in this respect, but should we discover that a published piece has appeared elsewhere, we reserve the right to remove it.
- No longer than 3500 words. (We know the web is unlimited, but most web-readers attention spans are not!)
- Please submit in a formatted word document.
- Any form of poetry, prose, fiction or non-fictional, experimental, creative or journalistic, public or private writing is welcome.
- An accompanying illustration may be submitted. Must be in JPG format, no larger than 900px wide and no larger than 3MB in size.
- Audio files are welcome (recordings of your sound art, poetry, prose, song lyrics or opinions). Files should be submitted in MP3 format and should be no larger than 50MB.
- Book reviews welcome. Please keep them to about 750 words and include full details of the book you are reviewing (author, publication date, publisher, etc.). Accompanying images are welcome but not necessary.
- Please ensure that your work is finalised and ready for publishing before submitting.
- Must include name, e-mail and telephone number of contributor, and a short biography (no more than 200 words).
- Feel free to include a link to your webpage.
Submit all work via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more, go here.
What She Thinks: Best of luck people!