Submissions Accepted Through February 28th!
The Kenyon Review is currently accepting submissions for its 2011 Short Fiction Contest. We’d be grateful if you could forward this e-mail to any interested writers you may know.
KR is grateful to Amazon.com for their generous support of this contest.
KR will accept electronic submissions February 1st through February 28th, 2011, through theShort Fiction Contest page of the KR website. Ron Carlson will be the final judge. The winning story will be published in The Kenyon Review, and the author will receive a scholarship to the 2011 Kenyon Review Writers Workshop, June 18-25th, in Gambier, Ohio. (Scholarship covers tuition, room and board expenses.) There is no entry fee for submission. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
Full contest details:
- Writers must 30 years of age or younger at the time of submission.
- Stories must be no more than 1200 words in length.
- One submission per entrant.
- Please do not simultaneously submit your contest entry to another magazine or contest.
- The submissions link will be active February 1st to February 28th. All work must be submitted through our electronic system. We cannot accept paper submissions.
- Winners will be announced in the late spring. You will receive an e-mail notifying you of any decisions regarding your work.
- For submissions, we accept the following file formats only:
- .PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
- .DOC (Microsoft Word)
- .RTF (Rich Text Format)
- .TXT (Microsoft Wordpad and Notepad, Apple TextEdit
As a special gift, all entrants will be mailed a free chapbook that collects the winning stories from the first three years of the contest.
You can submit here